When non-site admins sign up for a new blog via the wp-signup.php page, they are subjected to the following restrictions on their site name (that site admins are not subjected to):
* No dashes are allowed. * No underscores are allowed. * The name can not be all numeric. * Name must be at least 4 characters long
This plugin allows site admins to override each of those restrictions, toggling yes/no for the first three settings, and adding a minimum length for the name.
This plugin only affects blog creation via the sign up page. It does not affect blog creation via site admin -> blogs -> new blog
- Place the cets_blog_name_restrictions_override.php file in the wp-content/mu-plugins folder.
- Set parameters via Site Admin -> Options
- Can I set a minimum length of greater than 4 characters.
No – the plugin works by filtering the error codes returned from WordPress. No error code is returned if the name is more than 4 characters long.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WPMU Blog Name Restrictions Override” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WPMU Blog Name Restrictions Override” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated the error code checking and error codes to use WP3.0 site language.