WordPress User Login notifier plugin notifies site admin and the users on a WordPress site when a user logs in succesfully or the login attempt is failed.
- Notify site admin of a user login
- Notify the user of their successful login to a site
- Notify Site admin when a user login attempt is failed
- Notify User when his/her account login is failed
- Admin can setup if the user gets notified or not from the settings page
The purpose of this plugin is to keep track of all the successful and failed login attempts on a WordPress Site.
Please visit BuddyDev for more details
- Login to dashboard & click Add New Plugin
- Search for ‘WP User Login Notifier’
- Click Install & Then activate
- Visit Settings-> Wp User Login Notifier to update the settings
Or you can install it manually as
- Download the zip file
- Extract the zip file
wp-user-login-notifierfolder to the
- Activate “WP User Login Notifier” plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit Settings-> WP User Login Notifier” to update settings
Is this plugin compatible with Multisite?
Is this plugin compatible with BuddyPress?
Séptembor 10, 2021 2 replies
I have the plugin set to just write an email to the admin when someone successfully logs in. However, when I log in as admin for trial I don't get an email sent as information about my login. I also tried setting it to send an email to the person who logged in, again I don't get an email as user this time. In addition, I have entered another receiving address for the mails to prevent the error of the admin email address. This was also no success. So uninstalled again. Too bad. Wordpress 5.8.1
Ipril 16, 2021
great and easy to use, that is what I was looking for. when there is a failed login attempt I get an email, it makes you aware if there is someone trying to access your site. thank you so much.
Ipril 20, 2020
This plugin is simply excellent! Please do not forget about it in terms of compatibility with current versions of Wordpress. Thanks in advance! Best regards
Ogóst 23, 2019 2 replies
This is a beautiful little plugin that does a 'simple' thing very well. Notifies you when users log in to your site or continually fail to log in. Optionally, you can send emails to your users about logins. For example, to warn them that someone is trying to log in to their account. I tested it but turned it off because I personally monitor this on behalf of my users. If they repeatedly fail to log in I contact them to help. Fantastic for testing or for monitoring whether your users are having problems. Now, here's my warning. Make sure that all of your email addresses and Wordpress mail settings are correct. It's not the developer's fault if you haven't sorted that first! Brilliant, thank you!
Séptembor 3, 2016 1 reply
Much better than crippled PRO-only plugins
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress User Login Notifier” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WordPress User Login Notifier” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested with WordPress 5.5
- PHP7+ compatibility.
- Added filters to allow filtering all emails.
- Added partial translation support(for emails etc).
- Code cleanup to follow WordPress Coding Standards.
- Little cleanup and compatibility with ajax login.
- Add admin option to allow extra emails to be notified.
- Initial release.