Modern Membership, Ecommerce, Digital Downloads, User Profile, Registration & Login Form Plugin
ProfilePress is a simple yet powerful ecommerce and paid membership plugin for accepting one-time and recurring payments, selling subscriptions and digital products or digital downloads (downloadable files) via Stripe, Mollie & PayPal, restrict content and control user access.
ProfilePress is the best Stripe (Credit Card), PayPal, & Mollie payment forms plugin for WordPress to quickly accept payments and provide your users the ultimate member experience.
ProfilePress lets you create beautiful user profiles, member directories, frontend login, and user registration forms, member password reset and edit profile forms.
Our Drag-and-Drop form builder makes building forms easy. It is the perfect solution for creating online communities and membership sites where users can register or signup to become members.
Excellent Features of ProfilePress
ProfilePress ecommerce plugin is suited for selling non-physical goods, including online courses, digital downloads, downloadable files, paid memberships, subscriptions, selling services, selling event tickets, accepting donations, selling digital downloads, etc.
Multiple Payment Processors
Easily connect to Stripe (supports Stripe hosted checkout page and on-site payment form), PayPal & Mollie to collect payments with our membership plugin. We are working on adding additional gateways (Square, PayStack, RazorPay, Mercado Pago) in the future.
Powerful Payment Options
One-time payments, subscriptions, subscriptions with free trials, payment plans (installments), donations. We cover ways you may want to get paid.
Incentivize your buyers with a coupon discount to increase sales. With our ecommerce and membership plugin, you can easily create unlimited coupons and automatically add coupons with a URL parameter.
Custom Frontend Forms
Create excellent checkout page, member login forms, user registration forms, password reset forms, and edit profile forms with our drag-and-drop builder. Your members will never have to see your WordPress admin panel. Everything is handled in the frontend.
- Conversion Optimized Checkout Form – Let users make payments to you and subscribe to your membership plans.
- User Registration Forms – Let users signup via a custom registration form.
- Login & Password Reset Forms – Allow users to log in and reset their passwords via custom frontent forms.
- User Dashboard – My Account page and edit profile forms for users to manage their profile details and account settings.
- Automatic Registration & Login Redirect – Auto login users after they register and redirect them after they sign in, log out and reset their passwords.
- Add login, logout, register, and profile links to your website navigation menu that will change based on whether the user is logged in.
User Profiles & Member Directories
Add beautiful user profiles to your site that display your users’ profile pictures and information. And create searchable and filterable member directories allowing users to find each other.
We also provide shortcodes to display users’ avatars and allow users to upload their profile pictures from the front-end of your site.
Advanced and Drag-and-Drop Form Builder
We took out the pain of creating user profiles, member directories, and forms with our intuitive drag-and-drop builder.
We also provide an advanced form builder that gives you the flexibility to build any form. With knowledge of HTML, you code the form with our expressive shortcodes, make it pretty with CSS, and we handle the rest.
Customisable Pre-Built Templates
Never start from scratch again. ProfilePress comes with several beautiful, customizable pre-built templates for user profiles, member directory, and forms to help you save even more time.
Access Control, Paywall & Content Restriction
Hide any article, post and content behind a paywall. With a few clicks, you can set up a paywall to protect members-only content.
ProfilePress gives you fine-grained control over what content your users can see based on your protection rules and shortcodes. You can restrict content including pages, child pages, posts, custom post types, categories, tags and custom taxonomies based on their membership plans, user roles, usernames, and logged-in status.
Detailed Ecommerce Reports
We provide a complete reports section where you can Keep track of your earnings, refunds, sales, download logs and more. You can view reports for any period or drill down to specific membership plans.
Other Payment & Membership Features
- Accept one-time, recurring payments and charge for subscriptions with Stripe, PayPal and Mollie.
- Smart fraud protection & spam prevention on the user registration form, login form and checkout page.
- Complete customer management to view and manage detailed records of all customers and their order history.
- Collect EU Vat or Tax from your users with our ecommerce plugin depending on their location, with complete control over tax rates and who to charge.
- Disable the admin bar and restrict access to the WordPress dashboard based on user roles.
- Redirect the WordPress default login page (wp-login.php) to your custom login, registration page, and password reset pages.
Customize the email templates for each email that can be sent to users and administrators. You also have the flexibility of changing the sender name and email address and activating and deactivating the email type that can be sent.
Powerful Premium Features
Extend the capabilities of ProfilePress with our powerful addons and remove the additional 2% Stripe processing fee.
- PayPal Checkout – Accept Visa, Mastercard, Venmo, Discover, iDEAL, American Express, Bancontact, BLIK, giropay, MyBank and Przelewy24 payments via PayPal.
- Mollie Checkout – Accept payments via Credit Card, iDEAL, SEPA Direct Debit, Apple Pay, PayPal, Klarna, Bancontact, Bank transfer & Gift Card with Mollie.
- Custom Fields – Collect additional information from users besides the standard profile data during user registration and payment checkout.
- Email Confirmation – Ensure registered users confirm their email addresses before they can sign in via the login form or social login.
- User Moderation – Decide whether to approve newly registered users or not. You can also block and unblock users at any time.
- Metered Paywall – Let guest and visitors view limited number of restricted content using the best leaky paywall plugin. Metered paywalls allows free readers to access a few articles before restricting the rest to subscribers only.
- Social Login – Let users checkout, register & login to your site with social login via Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Yahoo, Microsoft, Amazon, GitHub, VK and WordPress.com.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) – Adds an additional layer of security to users accounts by requiring more than just a password to log in.
- Passwordless Login – Let users log in to your site via a one-time URL sent to their email addresses.
- WooCommerce – Manage WooCommerce billing and shipping fields, replace WooCommerce login and edit account forms in checkout and “My Account” pages with that of ProfilePress.
- Google reCAPTCHA – Protect your user registration, login, checkout and password reset forms against spam and bot attacks.
- Site Creation – Allow users to create new sites on a multisite network via a user registration form powered by ProfilePress.
- Mailchimp – Subscribe members to your Mailchimp audiences after they register, made a purchase and payment, subscribe to membership plans and automatically sync profile changes with Mailchimp.
- Campaign Monitor – Subscribe members to your Campaign Monitor lists when they register, subscribe to membership plans via checkout form, and automatically sync profile changes with Campaign Monitor.
- BuddyPress Profile Sync – This addon provides 2-way synchronization between WordPress profile fields and BuddyPress extended profile.
- Join BuddyPress Groups – Let users select the BuddyPress groups to join during registration.
- Akismet – Block spam and bot user registrations with Akismet and keep your membership site safe and secured.
- Polylang – Build multilingual login, registration, password reset, and edit profile forms.
ProfilePress is the Ecommerce platform of your dreams. It delivers a complete Ecommerce experience with everything needed for selling online.
If you’re looking to build a business out of your membership site by creating paid memberships, there’s no better way than to use ProfilePress which provide the ultimate member experience and will help you start and profit from your WordPress membership sites.
If you like this plugin, then consider checking out our other products:
- MailOptin – Create popups and optin forms for capturing email newsletter subscribers. Integrates with Mailchimp, ConvertKit, Infusionsoft, ActiveCampaign, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact & more.
- LoginWP – Redirect users to different URLs after they log in, log out and register based on different conditions including user role, capability and more.
Installing ProfilePress is just like any other WordPress plugin.
Navigate to your WordPress “Plugins” page, inside of your WordPress dashboard, and follow these instructions:
- In the search field, enter ProfilePress. Click “Search Plugins”, or hit Enter.
- Select ProfilePress and click either “Details” or “Install Now”.
- Once installed, click “Activate”.
Do I need to have coding skills to use ProfilePress?
No. You can create and manage your forms, user profiles, and member directories without any coding knowledge (Intuitive form & email template builder).
Can I accept credit card payments on mobile?
Yes. Stripe, PayPal and Mollie Checkout are optimized to accept mobile credit card payments and can automatically presents Apple Pay or Google Pay options when available.
Does ProfilePress require WooCommerce?
No. ProfilePress is a standalone ecommerce, payments & membership plugin and does not require other payment or ecommerce plugins, such as WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads to work.
Which file types can I sell?
Any file type can be sold using ProfilePress ecommerce and membership plugin, including .PDF, .DOC, .MP3, .MOV, .EPUB, .PSD, .MP4, .JPG, or any other extension which exists. On the product creation form, there is a file upload field which will accept any file type. Whatever file is uploaded to that field is the file customers will receive instantly when they complete a purchase.
Contributors & Developers
“Paid Membership, Ecommerce, Registration Form, Login Form, User Profile, Paywall & Restrict Content – ProfilePress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Paid Membership, Ecommerce, Registration Form, Login Form, User Profile, Paywall & Restrict Content – ProfilePress” has been translated into 24 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
Paid Membership, Ecommerce & User Registration 4.4.1
- Fixed fatal error caused by the use of str_contains on < PHP 8.
- Fixed bug that resulted to broken admin css.
Paid Membership, Ecommerce & User Registration 4.4.0
- Pro: Metered Paywall addon.
- Pro: Added WordPress.com, Yahoo, Microsoft, Amazon social login
- Fixed bug with db update not working in some cases.
- Fixed bug with honeypot preventing some payment gateways from working.
- Added setting to blur restricted content.
- Enhancement: Disable content protection on post/page preview and elementor preview.
- New: Allow licenses to be entered in Lite.
- Fixed bug where unserialize() call could instantiate classes.
Paid Membership, Ecommerce & User Registration 4.3.2
- PHP 8 compatibility improvements.
- Fixed bug where default avatar wasn’t reflecting in buddypress.
- Fixed bug where nocache header might be applied site-wide.
- Fixed bug where session might have started where unnecessary.
Paid Membership, Ecommerce & User Registration 4.3.1
- Pro: Checkout social login support.
- Pro: Checkout reCAPTCHA support.
- Pro: Checkout Akismet support.
- Added checkout compatibility with other addons.
- Added honeypot field to checkout to prevent spam.
- Added filters for adding custom tabs to user profile.
- Fixed store status admin menu styling not working.
See the changelog file for full change log information.