This plugin adds geolocation functionnalities to your wordpress, it allows you to find posts around you or a location with a specific distance radius.
You can select a specific location with the widget or you can make a request with URL by providing latitude, longitude and distance as GET parameters.
The widget and the shortocode consists of a Google Autocomplete and a distance range slider.
Go in widget area, then place the widget in a zone.
Have fun !
Simply add this code where you want to place the search box : [wpgeoloc]
Play with URL:
For example : on an archive page, you are looking restaurants located in a 10 miles radius from this latitude [50.8385607] and this longitude [4.37526040] :
You can do it on the search page with the keyword “super” :
If you want to use the widget and the Google place autocomplete, then you need a Google Places API KEY.
How to get a Google Places API key :
- github : https://github.com/NicolasBlois/wp-geoloc
- URL : search with latitude, longitude, distance provided as GET parameters in URL.
- Widget : the widget consists of a Google Autocomplete and a distance range slider.
- Shortcode : the shortcode generates a Google Autocomplete and a distance range slider. Usage : [wpgeoloc]
- English – default, always included
Installation instructions :
- Upload to plugins dir
- Activate plugin
Configuration instructions :
- If you want to use the widget and the Google place autocomplete, then you need a Google Places API KEY. Get your Google Places API key here : https://developers.google.com/places/web-service/get-api-key
- Add a location for each post you wish to geotag. A box is provided for this purpose in post edit mode.
- Enjoy the geolocated requests.
- How to get a Google Places API KEY?
- Simply follow instructions here : https://developers.google.com/places/web-service/get-api-key
Contributors & Developers
“WP Geoloc” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Geoloc” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- standardization of code
- New : widget to search geolocated content.
- New : shortcode to include the geolocated search form in any post.
- New : translations in French
- Fix : Prevent XSS and other attacks
- Initial release