This plugin will allow you to put one of the meny Gallery2 Image Blocks on your WordPress site. You are required to have a running Gallery2 install to use this plugin.
This is a complete rewrite of Chris Schierer (aka Lentil) Gallery2 Image Block Plugin 0.1.4. This rewrite uses the new WordPress 2.8 Widget API, so is only compatable with wordpress 2.8+.
All options described in the Gallery 2 Image Block documentation are included. User configuration of Image Block options are available in the Widget configuration panel. Blank (empty) options use the Gallery2 defaults.
As of version 0.5, wp-gallery2-image-block has full localization support, and ships with 5 languages besides English. Please contact me if you would like to translate it into more langages, I would love for as meny peaple as posible to be able to use this plugin.
Fully Translated into:
- Dutch (0.5.1)
- Italian (0.6.1)
- Polish (0.6.1)
- Portuguese (0.5.1)
Note: This widget was written using wp_http to increase compatibility with more sites (version 0.6).
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
You may ask questions or ask for support form the Gallery2 Image Block Forums.
- Q: Will this plugin work without Gallery2?
A: Sorry No, Gallery2 is required.
- Q: Will I be able to add a random image to a page with this plugin?
A: Sorry, this plugin will only work in the wiget sidebar.
- Q: Recived “SECURITY VIOLATION The action you attempted is not permitted” error on page load
A: make sure the Gallery2 plugin “Image Block” is installed and active on your Gallery2 install. You should be able to see the random image by going to:
http://--gallery2url--/main.php?g2_view=imageblock.ExternalWhere –gallery2url– is the value you put in the widget’s URL field. You should
see the random image with the default options.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Gallery2 Image Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Gallery2 Image Block” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested with WordPress 3.3 – no code changes
- Tested with WordPress 2.9 – no code changes
- Tested with WordPress 2.8.6 – no code changes
- Tested with WordPress 2.8.5 – no code changes
- Added Italian Translation
- Added Polish Translation
- Switched from using lib_curl() to wp_http
- Tested with wordpress 2.8.3 & 2.8.4 – no code change
- Corrected URL’s
- Updated README
- Tested with WordPress 2.8.2 – no code changes
- Updated POT file do to typo
- Added Dutch translation
- Added Portuguese translation
- Added full localization support
- Added French translation
- Added Spanish translation
- Corrcted typo in $gallery_linktarget
- Corrected missing Header text tag
- Initial Release