Twitter Embed requires no configuration, it works out of the box right after activation. Copy a link to a tweet on Twitter.com and paste it on a line by itself in your post or page editor. When viewing the post, you’ll see that the link has been replaced with the embedded tweet with options to reply, retweet, favorite and follow.
The plugin uses Twitter’s original widgets API, the shortcode and embed HTML are available too. Embed HTML is reversed to a Tweet shortcode when HTML is filtered (for authors or contributors). The tweets themselves are cached in post meta for better performance.
- Download the plugin zip archive.
- Extract it in your
wp-content/pluginsfolder or upload via admin panel.
- Browse to your plugins section and active the plugin.
- Use it in your posts and pages by linking to tweets on a line by itself.
- Where do I get the link to a tweet?
Good question. It really depends on the Twitter application/client that you’re using. If you’re using twitter.com then take a close look at the tweets and you’ll see that the date of when the tweet has posted (1 hour ago, etc) is a link. That link is the one you’re looking for. If you’re using the Twitter for Mac application, you can right click any of the tweets and select View on Twitter.com which will take you to that particular tweet in your browser.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Twitter Embed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Twitter Embed” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Slashes fix
- Compatibility with 3.5 and 3.4
- Reversal will transform HTML into a URL, not a shortcode
- Shortcode uses WP_Embed class for caching
- Protected meta security fix (which enabled authors to post unfiltered HTML, but not anymore!)
- Commenting code
- First release