Let A Pro Do IT!’s (LAPDI) Author’s Note allows you to add author’s notes and after-thoughts to your blog posts and pages.
Requires the installation and activation of LAPDI Easy Dev Latest Version
- Add an author’s note or after-thought to your pages and/or posts
- Display author’s note in widget, page or post
- Show author’s gravatar
- Link to author’s website
- Display author’s social links
- Show author’s bio
- Author’s Note is optional, without it display author bio information only
- Add an author’s note wherever you want to display author’s info
- You can add a note via a widget, page or post
- If using a widget, remember to add an authors note shorttag to the post or page (see below)
- Default shortcode settings can be changed via
Authors Notesettings page
Author's Note to posts and pages by using a shortcode inside your text or evaluated from within your theme. You may override page/post
Author's Note options with shortcode attributes defined on the plugin’s settings page.
[tsp-authors-note]Did I really write this?[/tsp-authors-note]– Will display a authors note with the default options defined in the plugin’s settings page.
[tsp-authors-note title="On After-Thought" show_bio=Y show_pic=Y show_name=Y style=1 show_website=Y show_links=Y]Did I really write this?[/tsp-authors-note]– Will override attributes defined on the plugin’s settings page.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Requires the installation and activation of LAPDI Easy Dev Latest Version
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- After installation, refer to the
Authors Notesettings page for more detailed instructions on setting up your shortcodes.
- Author’s Note widgets can be added to the sidemenu bar by visiting
Appearance > Widgetsand dragging the
LAPDI Authors Notewidget to your sidebar menu.
- Add some widgets to the sidemenu bar, Add shortcodes to pages and posts (see Instructions)
- View your site
- Adjust your CSS for your theme , if necessary, by visiting
Appearance > Edit CSS
I’ve installed the plugin but no information is displaying?
- Make sure the folder
/wp-content/uploads/has recursive, 777 permissions
- Make sure you have at least one admin user in your database
- Make sure the folder
Contributors & Developers
“LAPDI Authors Note” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Enhancement. Requires v2.0.0 of LAPDI Easy Dev
- Enhancement: Improved settings UI
- Enhancement: Added Styles to the note boxes