Change the appearance of a taxonomy’s meta box input in the Edit screen to something other than the Category checkboxes or Tag free text entry, allowing you to have your users easily pick from a predefined set of terms.
- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/transform-meta-boxes/ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings -> Transform Meta Boxes screen to configure the plugin, picking which taxonomies you want to transform and how.
How do I add more terms now?
These meta box alternatives remove the ability to freely enter new terms on the same Edit screen, meaning you need to add terms on the relevant taxonomy page first.
This is by design, so that it is harder to accidentally end up tagging your posts with typos or little used terms.
Contributors & Developers
“Transform Meta Boxes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested against 6.4
- Bugfix: don’t show non-public taxonomies like wp_pattern_category
- Tested against 6.3.2
- Bugfix: later versions of PHP didn’t like when first activating the plugin
- Bugfix: changed deprecated way of calling settings page
- Tested against 5.2.1
- Will not work with Gutenberg until https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/13816 is sorted
- Tested against 4.6.2
- Bugfix: Check for deactivated taxonomies
- Bugfix: Doesn’t use the deprecrated get_terms() call now
- Tested against 4.6.1
- Initial release.