PressSEARCH replaces the default WordPress search engine with a powerful search engine that gives the results relevant to the posts.
That means the visitors will find the most accurate results.
PressSEARCH provides a powerful AJAX live search that help visitors search and see the results quickly when they are typing like Google search.
PressSEARCH can search through every post types, e.g post, page, or any custom post type.
You can also control the search results by assigning a greater weight to the data fields.
PressSEARCH uses search template in your theme to display the search results.
PressSEARCH is packed with a lot of settings, hook actions and filters that allow you to easily extend the plugin’s feature set.
- Search results sorted in the order of relevance.
- Ajax live search. Using theme’s search form.
- Work with any search inputs which have the attribute
- Fuzzy matching: match partial words, if complete words don’t match.
- Find documents matching either just one search term (OR query) or require all words to appear (AND query).
- Create custom excerpts that show where the hit was made, with the search terms highlighted.
- Highlight search terms in the search results.
- Search and inndex any custom post types.
- Search and index users, tags, categories, custom taxonomies, comments, and custom fields.
- Search and index the contents of shortcodes.
- Control the search results by assigning a greater weight to the data fields.
- Suggestion keywords.
- Custom stopwords.
- Custom synonyms.
- Search result throttling to improve performance on large databases.
- Advanced filtering to help hacking the search results the way you want.
- Advanced search reports.
- Multiple engines.
- Search logs reports.
- Popular searches reports.
- No results searches reports.
- Redirect automatically to post, page if keywords like exactly post title.
- Redirect automatically to url, page if keywords like exactly setting keywords.
Comming soon features
- Search for phrases with quotes, for example
- Support for WPML multi-language plugin and Polylang.
- Indexing attachment content (PDF, Office, Open Office).
- Search and index user profiles.
- Related posts base on post contents.
- Support quoted searches (phrases).
- Support command searches, e.g:
author: author name.
- Search in attachment and media library.
- Download to your plugin directory or simply install via WordPress admin interface.
- What are stop words?
Each document database is full of useless words.
All the little words that appear in just about every document are completely useless for information retrieval purposes.
Basically, their inverted document frequency is really low, so they never have much power in matching.
Also, removing those words helps to make the index smaller and searching faster.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“PressSEARCH” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “PressSEARCH” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- FIXED: Wrong result in WooCommerce search result page.
- UPDATED: Make ajax result clickable.
- UPDATED: Thumbnail image size in ajax result.
- UPDATED: Default engine name title.