When a post is published or updated, this plugin will send a backup email to the administrator of the WordPress
blog with an attachment file that contains the post in XML format. The XML follows the format used when WordPress
exports blog contents so that it can be easily used to restore the post.
The general idea of this plugin is to never loose any of your posts. If you have scheduled a backup of your
blog once a week, its possible that you will loose the new posts published during that last week. With this
plugin you will have a backup of all your new published posts in your email account.
- Upload the
new-post-automatic-xml-backup-emailfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- How to know if the plugin is working?
Publish a new post or update a previously published post. The blog administrator account should receive an
email with an XML file attachment.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“New Post Automatic XML Backup by Email” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “New Post Automatic XML Backup by Email” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Changed all functions names to avoid collisions with functions that shared the same name
- Updated the code to the latest WordPress export code
- Sometimes, the xml file had no name since the post_name was blank. In that case we use the post ID as the xml file name
- Fixed the main file name and the plugin directory name (again)
- Fixed the main file name and the plugin directory name
- Initial release
- Sends title, author, last modify by, modify date in the body of the email
- Sends XML file as an attachment