Minotar gives you the option to replace the default avatars found in WordPress with Minecraft avatars. The API used is found at http://minotar.net and can be used freely by anyone.
The avatars is taken from the Minecraft equivalent of users and comment posters, if a commenter uses the name Herobrine on a comment the skin of Herobrine in Minecraft is used as an avatar.
Note: The avatars are case-sensitive. Eg: notch and Notch are different names.
- Minecraft avatars for commenters and users
- BuddyPress support
- Upload the ‘minotar-minecraft-avatars’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Where can I get support?
You can get support at #axxim on irc.esper.net
- How do I change the avatars back?
Either you change the default avatar in Settings – Discussion on the admin panel or you just delete the plugin.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Minotar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Minotar” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed: WordPress changed the way to get the active user
- Added: BuddyPress support (tested on version 18.104.22.168)
- Added: A changelog for 1.3 that I forgot
- Added: Deletes all traces of plugin when uninstalled.
- Fixed: When deactivating or deleting the plugin the last used avatar is reenabled
- Fixed: Minotars are shown in the Discussion page
- Plugin is rewritten for maintainability and stability
- Added: Minotar setting to the Settings – Discussion page
- Added: Automatically changes the default avatar to Minotar on plugin activation
- Added: Automatically changes back to mystery man on plugin deactivation/uninstallation
- Added: Now avatars of users are changed aswell
- Fixed: Avatars should now be shown in correct size no matter what page they’re displayed in
- Fixed: Minotar does not replace all other avatar examples in the Discussion page
- Initial release