Lightweight Slider is a free and extremely lightweight responsive image slider which uses custom post types and featured images. An easy to use settings page allows full control over slide height, delay between slides, transition duration and animation type.
Lightweight Slider Plugin Homepage
- Extremely lightweight (less than 25kb!)
- Easy set up using custom post types and featured images
- Optional pagination and navigation controls
- Adjustable delay and transition time between slides
- Choose between fade or slide animation
- Fully responsive
- Semantic, minimal HTML
- No external resources loaded
- Simple to modify (plugin consists of only three main files)
In order to keep this plugin as lightweight as possible it was necessary to make some compromises during development.
- This slider only works with images
- You can only create one set of slides per website
- Choose Plugins > Add New from your WordPress side menu
- Enter ‘lightweight slider’ in the search plugins box
- Click the appropriate ‘Install Now’ button
- Activate the plugin
- Choose Lightweight Slider from your WordPress side menu
- Click ‘Add New’ to add new slides
- Change settings as required
- Add the ‘lightweight-slider-shortcode’ in square brackets to any page on your website
Contributors & Developers
“Lightweight Slider” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Lightweight Slider” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release of the plugin