Live blogs are the essential tool for keeping readers up to date in any breaking news situation or sporting event. Using the power of AJAX, JM Live Blog allows you to add a live blog to any post with a simple shortcode to keep your readers in the know.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- JM Live Blog Displays a live blog for the post or page
- In the WordPress Dashboard, go to “Plugins” -> “Add New” and search for “JM Live Blog” and click install and activate, OR download the zip file of the plugin and go to “Plugins” -> “Add New” and click \”Upload Plugin\” and upload the zip file.
- In the custom meta box below the visual editor, select the color scheme you would like and add the update title, time and content for each update. Clicking \’Add Update\’ will add a new update section. You can only enter one update at a time.
- To add the shortcode to the post, go to the top of the visual editor and click the button with the JM icon on the far right of the top row of buttons.
Contributors & Developers
“JM Live Blog” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“JM Live Blog” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “JM Live Blog” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Update the block to use the block.json file and other new features.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to add text for the updates. This does remove the “visual” tab from the editor for the time being.
- Fixed an issue with not loading the shortcode button in the TinyMCE editor.
- Refactor the entire plugin to use an object-oriented programming paradigm.
- Upped the lowest PHP version supported to 7.0.
- Tested to work with WordPress 5.7.2.
- Fixed an issue with the “Add Update” button not showing.
- Fixed issue with
is_plugin_activefunction not being called correctly.
- Added the JM Live Blog Gutenberg block.
- Tested with WordPress 5.3.
- Fixed: Issue with submenu items in the admin menu not showing on hover.
- Tested with WordPress 4.9.
- Added: Support to show live blog on pages as well as posts.
- Added: Widget to show live blog in the sidebar of posts if desired.
- Fixed: Issue with posts being duplicated when hitting “New Updates” button.
- Fixed: Titles with double quotes not showing up correctly.
- Fixed: Issue with first post not being loaded correctly.
- Fixed: Errors showing when all updates are deleted.
- Tested with WordPress 4.8.
- Added: Ability to customize the color of the “New Updates” alerts banner.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.
- Fixed: Issue with the latest two updates having the same content after saving without adding a new field.
- Fixed: Issue with paragraph breaks not showing.
- Fixed: Issue with oembeds not showing as they should.
- Initial Release