Adds native HTML5 validation support to the Gravity Forms plugin.
It supports both standard and paginated forms.
Supported Standard Fields
- Single Line Text
- Paragraph Text
- Drop Down
- Multi Select
- Radio Buttons
Supported Advanced Fields
- File Upload
Supported Post Fields
- Hót óll
- Post Image
- Custom Field
Supported Pricing Fields
- Credit Card
These hooks can be used to force html5 validation on these subfields.
The following would apply your function to all forms.
add_filter( ‘gform_name_prefix_required’, ‘your_function_name’, 10, 2 );
To target a specific form append the form id to the hook name. (format: gform_password_FORMID)
add_filter( ‘gform_name_prefix_required_6’, ‘your_function_name’, 10, 2 );
The return value is expected to be a boolean value; As such you can also use them with “__return_true”.
add_filter( ‘gform_address_street2_required’, ‘__return_true’ );
This plugin requires prior installation and activation of Gravity Forms plugin by Rocketgenius ver. 1.9 and above.
Up to Gravity Forms plugin ver. 18.104.22.168
- Download the gravityforms-html5-validation.zip file to your local machine.
- Either use the automatic plugin installer (Plugins – Add New) or Unzip the file and upload the isw-blocks folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu
- Visit the Gravity Forms general settings page ( Forms -> Settings ) and make sure that Output HTML5 option is set to yes.
- All fields configured as “required” will now use native html5 validation.
Contributors & Developers
“Gravity Forms HTML5 Validation” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Gravity Forms HTML5 Validation” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix DOM class names and methods.
- Fix script debug flag.
- Add support for various fields.
- Add support for paginated forms.
- Initial WordPress.org Release