Adds native HTML5 validation support to the Gravity Forms plugin.
It supports both standard and paginated forms.
Supported Standard Fields
- Single Line Text
- Paragraph Text
- Drop Down
- Multi Select
- Radio Buttons
Supported Advanced Fields
- File Upload
Supported Post Fields
- Hót óll
- Post Image
- Custom Field
Supported Pricing Fields
- Credit Card
These hooks can be used to force html5 validation on these subfields.
The following would apply your function to all forms.
add_filter( ‘gform_name_prefix_required’, ‘your_function_name’, 10, 2 );
To target a specific form append the form id to the hook name. (format: gform_password_FORMID)
add_filter( ‘gform_name_prefix_required_6’, ‘your_function_name’, 10, 2 );
The return value is expected to be a boolean value; As such you can also use them with “__return_true”.
add_filter( ‘gform_address_street2_required’, ‘__return_true’ );
Up to Gravity Forms plugin ver. 18.104.22.168
- Download the gravityforms-html5-validation.zip file to your local machine.
- Either use the automatic plugin installer (Plugins – Add New) or Unzip the file and upload the isw-blocks folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu
- Visit the Gravity Forms general settings page ( Forms -> Settings ) and make sure that Output HTML5 option is set to yes.
- All fields configured as “required” will now use native html5 validation.
Contributors & Developers
“Gravity Forms HTML5 Validation” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix DOM class names and methods.
- Fix script debug flag.
- Add support for various fields.
- Add support for paginated forms.
- Initial WordPress.org Release