GeoMeta for ACF is an easy way to store location information about posts, pages,
users or other content types that ACF supports. The default input is a map
with drawing tools to let the user draw markers, lines and polygons.
Alternatively you can accept latitude and longitude values, or raw GeoJSON
GeoMeta for ACF supports for both ACF version 4 and 5.
Why use GeoMeta for ACF instead of one of the other map inputs for ACF?
GeoMeta for ACF uses WP-GeoMeta under the hood, which means that you’re
actually storing spatial meta data, not just text. With the WP-GeoMeta library
you have access to all of the spatial functions MySQL supports to search and
filter your WordPress posts and users.
This ACF field type is compatible with:
- ACF 5 / ACF Pro
- ACF 4
Metavalues for terms (Categories/Tags) were stored in wp_options up until ACF
Pro 5.5.0. GeoMeta for ACF will still display a map or other input field for
terms in previous versions of ACF, but since the values aren’t stored in the
wp_termmeta table, they won’t be picked up for inclusion in the spatial table
and spatial searches on them will fail.
Be sure that Advanced Custom Fields is installed. You can use Advanced Custom
Fields (v4) or Advanced Custom Fields PRO (v5). Version 4 is in the
plugin repository. ACF
PRO is available from
With ACF installed, you can install this plugin in the usual WordPress way.
- Upload the plugin files to the
or install the plugin through the WordPress plugin screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
Create a new field in ACF and select the GeoMeta field type.
No one has actually asked any questions yet!
- How can I run spatial queries?
GeoMeta for ACF uses WP-GeoMeta internally. For sample queries, please see
- Where can I get help with GIS and WordPress?
For community support try WherePress.com
For commercial support you can contact the plugin developer at
For fast and short questions you can contact
me on twitter.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“GeoMeta For ACF” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “GeoMeta For ACF” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated wp-geometa-lib
- Geometa-ACF is now using Leaflet-PHP to generate Leaflet code. Will allow
for easier Leaflet maintenance going forward.
- Alpha feature Bring Your Own Geocoder. Define GEOMETA_ACF_BYOGC=true to
enable and see media/js/geometa-acf.js for callbacks. More documentation
coming when it comes out of alpha.
- Moved from including the WP-GeoMeta plugin to including wp-geometa-lib
- Fixed Contributor name for cimburacom
- Set up I18N support and Portuguese translation
- Code cleanup
- A start on code documentation
- Initial Release.
- Support for Map input, lat/lng fields and raw GeoJSON input
- Support for ACF v4 and ACF Pro/v5