Geo Mark is a WordPress Plugin which will automatically locate Geo information in your WordPress posts using Yahoo Placemaker and YQL API’s.
Once the Geo location is located, it will add this information as custom fields to the post. The information stored in the custom field can be displayed anywhere in the post using the build in get_post_meta() function. The Plugin also exposes template functions which can be used to generate GEO Microformats based on the location information found in the post.
The Geo Mark Plugin also lets you to expose the location based information in RSS feeds. The Geo information stored in the custom field can be used to create Geo tags in the RSS feed. The Plugin supports the following Geo RSS formats.
- Simple (georss:point)
- GML (gml:pos)
- W3C (geo:lat)
- Belorussian (Thanks FatCow)
- Lithuanian (Thanks Nata of Web Hub)
- Bulgarian (Thanks Dimitar Kolevski of Web Geek)
- Spanish (Thanks Brian Flores of InMotion Hosting)
- Romanian (Thanks Alexander Ovsov of Web Geek Sciense)
- Hindi (Thanks Love Chandel)
The pot file is available with the Plugin. If you are willing to do translation for the Plugin, use the pot file to create the .po files for your language and let me know. I will add it to the Plugin after giving credit to you.
Support for the Plugin is available from the Plugin’s home page. If you have any questions or suggestions, do leave a comment there.
This Readme file was generated using wp-readme, which generates readme files for WordPress Plugins.
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Geo Mark” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Geo Mark” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial Version
- Fixed issue in handling empty arrays
- Added support for translation.
- Fixed a small typo.
- Fixed a small typo.
- Added Belorussian translation.
- Added Lithuanian and Bulgarian translations.
- Added Spanish translations.
- Added translation support for Romanian
v0.9.1 (2012-07-23) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added translation support for Hindi