Replaces site search with full-text search.
Replace the site search from LIKE search to Japanese full-text search (MySQL + Ngram parser or Mroonga engine + TokenMecab parser). This will significantly improve search performance.
Search for pure strings (plain text) without HTML tags. This will prevent HTML tags from being searched.
The data (index) for searching is stored in a dedicated table. It does not rewrite existing table structures or post data (posts table).
Searches for text in PDF, Word (doc, docx), Excel, and PowerPoint files. Secured PDF file are currently not supported.
It supports WordPress multisite.
Search string options
OR(uppercase letter) – Combine searches. Example: foo OR bar
-– Exclude words from the search. Example: foo -bar
""– Search for an exact match. Example: “foo bar”
*– Search by wildcard. Mroonga only. Example: foo*
()– Grouping. Mroonga only. Example: (foo OR bar) baz
Requires MySQL 5.6 or later, or Mroonga engine.
Mroonga engine is strongly recommended. InnoDB engine performs significantly worse with large amounts of data.
- Upload the
full-text-searchfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Full-Text Search” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Changed default setting values.
- Added escaping to multiple translate texts for enhanced security.
- Code refactoring.
- Changed full-text search to exclude_from_search posts only.
- Fixed a bug that the text of attachments were not extracted when regenerating indexes.
- Added the ability to highlight search keywords on the search results page.
- Optimized SQL.
- Added a function to delete the search text of attachments.
- Improved performance.
- Changed to remove control characters such as spaces and line breaks from automatically extracted text in PDF.
- Initial release.