View the error_log file from admin dashboard.
- View the Log file as Table or Plain text
- Filter Error Log by Date
- Filter Error Log by Error types
- View Theme/Plugin where the Error occured
- Download the Log File
- Quickly Delete Log File
For more free WordPress plugins please visit plugins.club.
- Upload the plugin file to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
You will find ‘error_log File Viewer’ option under ‘Tools’ menu in your WordPress admin panel.
For basic usage, you can also have a look at the plugin web site.
Is it safe to use the plugin?
Yes, the plugin only allows you to view content of the file, not to edit it in any way.
What if the error_log file does not exist?
The plugin will display an error message and suggest to install another free plugin to enable/disable WP_DEBUG mode.
Contributors & Developers
“error_log File Viewer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed bug with text display when error_log file is empty
- Added a wp-admin dashboard widget
- Default Log view is changed from plain text to table
- Added an option to toggle Table or Raw Log view
- Added filtering options: by error type and date
- Option to empty the log file
- Color indicators for the types
- Highlight Plugin/Theme name from the error message
- UI changes on the admin page
- WP 6.2 compatible
- Added an option to download the error_log file
- Added a check if error_log file exsists or is empty, if so, show an error message and suggest installation of “WP_DEBUG Toggle” plugin
- Initial release