View WordPress logs in a convenient and searchable way and revise your server settings. Nice plugin for debugging.
Sometimes it is difficult to read and search over the debug.log file. That is why the DebugMe shows the log in your WordPress Dashboard, not on the server. It is readable and searchable.
Debug Log Viewer
View notices, warnings, and errors of the WordPress debug.log file in a simplified table format. Search (by error type, line, and file) and pagination make the process of log control quick and convenient.
Track all your server settings in one place. We parsed phpinfo(); for you!
How to activate withing WordPress
- Go to ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘DebugMe’
- Click install then activate
How to activate manually
- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” page in Dashboard
Why is debug.log important?
Debug.log is a part of the universal (core, plugins, and themes) WordPress system for debugging code. It is vitally important for your code quality and website operation.
You should strive to ensure that this file is empty and contains no notices, warnings, or critical errors. If a new line appears in the debug.log. – make an effort to fix a bug in the code to ensure the highest quality user experience for visitors of your website.
What are the common WordPress issues that I can track in the debug.log file?
Debug.log file is a default issue tracking log file for WP. It shows various plugin or themes errors. Some of them may not be critical right now but will lead to serious problems like the White Screen of Death in the future.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“DebugMe” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added support of Ukrainian language
- Small UI changes
- Added support of “Parse” error type
- Tested with WordPress 6.1
- Added buttons for refreshing, clear and downloading the log
- Added ability to clear debug.log file
- UI color changes
- Initial release