The purpose of this plugin is to allow users to create a schedule of upcoming events and display events for the next 7 days in an AJAX-driven box or displaying a full list of upcoming events.
You can try it out in a temporary copy of WordPress here.
- Download the plugin and unzip it.
- Upload the community-events folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory of your web site.
- Activate the plugin in the WordPress Admin.
- Using the Configuration Panel for the plugin, create events, venues and categories.
- To see the 7-day schedule box, in the WordPress Admin, create a new page containing the following code: [community-events-7day]
- To see the full schedule, in the WordPress Admin area, create a new page containing the following code: [community-events-full]
- To see a link for the full schedule in the 7-day box, set the address of the full schedule page in the Community Events settings.
There are no FAQs at this time.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Community Events” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixes for potential security issues
- Fixed potential security issues
- Fix for default stylesheet
- Fixed PHP notices
- Updated for PHP 7.0 compatibility
- Fixed problem with category type deletion
- Changed date display functions to use date_i18n and show proper localized date text
- Fixed issues with database table creation affecting new plugin users
- Fix to RSS Feed generator
- Removed all traces of wp-load.php
- Changed RSS feed URL from wp-content/plugins/community-events/rssfeed.php to /feed/communityeventsfeed (need to save Permalinks to enable)
- Add new feature to filter events by user name
- Fix SQL injection vulnerabilities
- Modified script loading code only to be process on events page under admin section
- Corrected PHP warnings and problem with calendar in admin interface
- Adds option order events by name or start time
- Fixed issue with viewing event in next year in back-end
- Fixed calendar widget not appearing in advanced search
- Fixed problem with Add Event button never becoming enabled.
- Added internationalization support
- Fixed to query to display 7-day calendar to avoid events from following year to display
- Removed debugging code
- Fixes to query to display full calendar. Problems were showing up when approaching the end of the year
- Correct problem with special characters with RSS feed
- Fixed problem with hidden meta boxes with save controls with WordPress 3.3
- Fixed security exploit in link tracking code
- Changed name of CSS classes for item coloring from even and odd to community-events-even and community-events-off to avoid conflicts with other themes and templates
- Fixed code for e-mail notification to display new venue names when user submitted
- Added option to allow users to submit new venues by selecting last entry in venue list
- Added option to display and accept event end time
- Replaced calls to wp_specialchars with esc_html
- Fixed problem where moderation setting could not be unchecked
- Corrected problem with moderation mode not displaying links to be moderated in admin
- Added edit capability for users to edit events that they submitted
- Added counter for number of times an event link is clicked
- Split Full Schedule event listing onto two rows
- Other minor bug corrections
- Fixed problems with events not showing up if they were assigned an end date that is the same as the start date
- Added option to generate RSS feed for upcoming events. Outputs events for the day.
- Fixed problems with display of multi-day events in 7-day Outlook View
- Fixed problem with display of multi-day event in admin section
- Fixed problem with events in next year showing up every day until day of event
- Improvements to better handle single quote in event names, descriptions and venue names
- Added option to specify if outlook view should be default when it’s displayed
- Added option to determine if search box should be shown in 7-day outlook view
- Added venue importer
- Added Captcha option
- Sends mail to administrator when new events are submitted
- Enhanced layout of Full Schedule Event View
- Added tooltips to events and venues in full schedule view
- Added links to see more events for the day when viewing 7-day outlook or individual day in outlook box
- Fixed Full Schedule View to show events that span multiple days
- Added Stylesheet Editor
- Adding pagination mechanism
- Fixed: Time Display
- Added: Events that span multiple days are now correctly displayed on all days
- Enhanced Full schedule table styling
- Fixed errors when clicking on dates in schedule
- Changed calendar plugin to use jQuery date picker
- Re-arranged back-end code to provide more structure and make admin sections hideable
- Added search capability
- Adding paging mechanism when viewing events in admin
- Removed duration field on events
- Change data entry for event time into hours and minutes
- Added end date field (but not currently using it to display events)
- Added option to put new events in moderation queue upon user submission
- Added moderation mechanism on admin page to view only events awaiting moderation and approve them
- Changed layout of full schedule and add event links
- Fixed some image styling to avoid problems with plugins assigning border to images.
- Fixed: unable to add events in version 0.2 through user form or back-end admin
- Added calendar button next to date field in back-end to bring up calendar
- Added paging buttons in event section of admin to navigate events
- Limited calendar only to allow selections past current day
- Added tooltips in calendar view when mouse hovers over events to display more venue information and event information
- Made Day Links in 7-day view one link as opposed to two
- Added new outlook section to 7-day view to show one item per day
- Added calendar to upcoming events section to be able to choose other dates
- Added button to buy tickets when link is available
- Added shortcode to display form for visitors to submit events
- Added options in admin page to control display of new event form
- Plugin sends e-mail when new events are submitted
- Added scheduled task to perform daily cleanup of expired events in the database
- First checkin: Still a work-in-progress