Auto More Tags is a WordPress plugin that allows you to forget placing a more
tag on every post. It lets you stop worrying about where you should place those
tags, and just set rules. Once those rules are set, the intelligent placing
system will use your settings as a guideline, and attempt to place the more tag
as closely to your settings as possible, without breaking formatting or cutting
paragraphs off without cause.
- Upload the auto-more-tags.zip to your /wp-content/plugins directory
- Extract the files
- Modify the settings, or rely on the default settings.
Contributors & Developers
“Auto More Tag” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Adds option to customize More link text.
- Alters the way the tag is added. Instead of saving the tag into the content at post save, the more tag is now added on page load.
- Integrated fix for repeated content on short posts
- Version bump in php files + readme for wordpress auto update
- Made the plugin multibyte aware / safe (UTF-8)
- Removed donate / credit stuff
- Set the default of “auto update posts on settings change” to false, to prevent
accidents while not having tested on single posts in your installation
- Added functionality to allow you to forgo the auto more tag on Pages.
- Improved intelligent placement, fixing glitch with HTML. Placement is now
based on plaintext, and not HTML content. Added capabilities to place by word
- Minor change to posting, so tag isn’t placed as first character of post.
- A formatting error was causing the auto more tag to be placed in the midst of
HTML tags. It now performs a better formatted check to verify that it is not
in between the < and > tags. (<>)
- Updated Donate and Plugin URLs
- Added option to automatically update when new settings are saved. This cycles
through all your posts, and updates each one based on the new Auto More Tag
settings. Also added in a shortcode for manual placement, for those times when
you just have to do it yourself.
- Added percentage based intelligent placing.
- Fixed a glitch that made it so it ignored the more tag entirely.
- Initial public release of code.