A quick and easy shortcode to embed iframe’s that resize to the content of the remote site.
Auto iFrame shortcode is in the format of:
[auto-iframe link=xxx tag=xxx width=xxx height=xxx autosize=yes/no]
- link = the url of the source for the iFrame. REQUIRED.
- tag = a unique identifier in case you want more than one iFrame on a page. Default = auto-iframe.
- width = width of the iFrame (100% by default). Can be % or px. Default = 100%.
- height = the initial height of the iframe (100% by default). Can be % or px. Default = 100%.
- autosize = enable the auto sizing of the iFrame based on the content. The initial height of the iFrame will be set to “height” and then resized. Default = true.
- fudge = a fudge factor to apply when changing the height (integer number, no “px”). Default = 50.
- border = enable the border on the iFrame. Default = 0.
- scroll = enable the scroll bar on the iFrame. Default = no.
- query = pass the parent’s page query string to the iFrame. Default = no.
Note: Auto re-sizing of the iFrame for cross domain sites does not work, this is a security protection provided by the browser and there is no way around it.
Now supports (Shortcode UI)[https://github.com/fusioneng/Shortcake] (aka Shortcake)!
- Extract the archive file into your plugins directory in the auto-iframe folder.
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin options.
The autosize function doesn’t work, what’s wrong?
The first thing to check is that the source of your content is in the same domain namespace as your site, using a link from another domain name will not work as it would be a cross site scripting risk. This is part of your browsers security structure and cannot be worked around.
Contributors & Developers
“Auto iFrame” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Auto iFrame” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Release date: July 10, 2022
- Fixed: unset array key warning for php 8 when scroll is set but autosize hasn’t been.
- Release date: February 21, 2018
- Added: name attribute to the iframe.
- Release date: March 31, 2017
- Release date: November 11, 2016
- Added: Query support
- Release date: September 27, 2016
- Fixed: Fudge factor being ignored when autosizing the iframe.
- Release date: November 6, 2015
- Fixed: Height parameter was being ignored, thanks vantron.
- Release date: August 11, 2015
- Fixed: Make sure to check the frame element and sub-objects exist before using them later.
- Release date: May 15, 2015
- Added Shortcode UI support (see https://github.com/fusioneng/Shortcake for details)
- Release date: March 25, 2015
- Initial release.